Friday 4 July 2014

Shackled..

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers



Is freedom so hard to find
From bonds, yet harder to flee
Like chains that cut into my hands
I struggle, as you laugh with glee

I struggle still as you laugh
While blood seeps from tethered wrists
Yet rays of hope still burn bright
As tears gush down my cheeks.

The dark cloaks me in its cold
And I dream of shackles freed
You rage as wrath fills your soul
While with freedom I quietly tread

The dawn brings with it another day
Chained to bonds, yet harder to flee
Still I struggle with all my might
 And hope as you laugh with glee





13 comments:

  1. Kya baat :) Beautifully written Anushree ji :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Anusree! You have captured the feeling of being captured and shackled so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the kind words Aathira.. :) :*

      Delete
  3. I'll certainly check it out.. Thanks for the kind words and welcome to my blog.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very poignant and stirring poem, loved it and the emotions reflected in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rousseau is right: "Man is born free, but is in chains everywhere." We forge some, others do the rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the quote.. We are indeed in chains everywhere..

      Delete

Leave a comment! Would love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...